Sunday, July 3, 2011

Magical 4th of July Monday

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone (State-side) is having a wonderful day with their friends and family.
I tried to dress the part in my navy and white striped romper and red ribbon tied around my wrist.


Personally, my parents and I are having a quiet day with a barbecue at home. Obviously as a vegetarian, I won't be eating the ribs, BUT I will be having the BBQ-ed corn, and I'm thinking of grilling some tofu before they cook their meat.

Yes, I may have gone a little camera-happy.

Otherwise today has started out well - I went for a 2 mile run/walk with my dad, showered, and had breaky at a local restaurant that serves classic American breakfast food - aka: eggs, bacon, french toast, pancakes... They had all kinds of pancakes! Banana, blueberry, blackberry, strawberry, chocolate chip...

I went with two blueberry pancakes, even though the chocolate chip pancakes sounded tempting. They were delish! I was also planning on having a soy hot chocolate, but they didn't have non-dairy milk! They really need to get on the new-age/vegan bandwagon... Haha.

Afterward we stopped by Rite Aid to pick up my Vitamin D prescription, and... I couldn't resist, so we popped into Trader Joe's next door. After reading Nicky's blog and her love of Barbara's Puffins cereal, I've been wanting to get my hands on them. So imagine my glee when I found (and of course snatched) these beauties:

Peanut Butter and Cinnamon.

And of course, no trip to TJ's is complete without this baby:

I love TJ's Pound Plus dark chocolate.
It's seriously the tastiest, richest, and most cost-efficient dark chocolate out there.

Though I usually don't have a morning snack, I was really feeling one today around 11:30. Almost time for lunch! But I was a hangry beast so I decided to dig into this:


The Peanut Butter flavor. Mmm. It was gooooot.
-------

And now... today is goal-setting Monday!

This week's goals?

1) Train for the Wharf To Wharf race (July 24th! Eeek!)
  • Monday: 2.5 mile walk/run (I only ran two miles, because I tried a new route and didn't know how far I'd gone. But I'm okay with that!)
  • Tuesday: rest day
  • Wednesday: 3 mile walk/run
  • Thursday: Rest day
  • Friday: 4 mile walk/run
  • Sunday: 5 mile walk/run

I'm used to run/walking 2.5 miles. Does anyone out there with a little more experience think it's too much of a jump to go from 2.5 miles to 5 miles in the same week? I would love some feedback!

2) Wake up earlier!

...Which implies, of course, sleeping earlier. I want to start waking up round 6am or 7am, and sleeping round... 9 or 10? We'll see how that works out!

3) Read!

I feel like I always have this goal. Nevertheless, I want to read at least one novel, preferably two, by the end of the week


And that's all, folks!
Have a wonderful 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog lovely because now I've found yours! :)
    YAAAY for PB puffins!! Aren't they just the most addictive thing ever?!
    Looks like you've set yourself some good goals there - good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting!
    This is the first time I've had PB puffins, and they're amazing! So glad I found them thanks to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete